3rd Sunday of Easter (A) Year of Matthew
Acts 2.14, 22-23, 1Pt 1.17-21; Lk 24.13-35 He took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them
- Mass setting: Mass in the Dorian Mode – Herbert Howells (1892-1983)
- Motet: ‘O pray for the peace of Jerusalem’ – Herbert Howells
- Communio: Surrexit Dominus, et apparuit Petro, alleluia. The Lord has risen and has appeared to Peter, alleluia.
- Hymns: Lord Jesus, joy of loving hearts HEREFORD; Strengthen for service ACH GOTT UND HERR
- Organ Prelude: Air – Henry Purcell (1659-1695)
- Organ Offertorium: Prelude on ‘St Peter’ – Craig Sellar Lang (1891-1971)
- Organ Voluntary: Carillon ‘O Filii et Filiae’ – Richard Keys Biggs (1886-1962)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
This week there will be a visiting choir, the Brabyn Singers, conducted by Bransby Byrne.